SightPlan is an award-winning SaaS company based in the heart of Downtown Orlando that’s changing the game in the apartment and real estate industry. Our software solutions are transforming the way teams manage properties while delivering exceptional service to their residents.
Our powerful software is trusted by companies operating more than 4 million apartment homes nationwide - with more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why Join SightPlan’s Engineering Team?
The Client Engineering Team at SightPlan is a tight knit group of frontend and mobile developers who work closely with the server, QA, and product teams to build out our ambitious roadmap. We believe in getting sh*t done!
We are looking for a Vice President of Client Engineering who is proactive, self-motivated, and an out of the box thinker. You’ll act as the voice of the customer to ensure that the SightPlan web team continues to deliver best-in-breed solutions and you’ll leverage the expertise of our incredible partners in engineering and product to launch features and improve our software.
This position reports to the Chief Technical Officer and is perfect for someone looking to take the next step in their career and step into a leadership role.
Want flexible work options? We’ve got you covered. Our team works 3 days on-site and 2 days remote (although you’re welcome to be on-site as often as you’d like), and we also offer 2 weeks of 'work from anywhere' time per year.
- Build, maintain and review highly scalable and secure web applications, services and APIs with a focus on quality and maintainability.
- Plan and oversee application deployment activities and sequencing in non-production and production environments.
- Ensure that our web applications are performant and optimized for a variety of browsers and devices.
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation.
- Optimize performance and uptime of the services owned by the team by collecting metrics, monitoring production systems, debugging issues as they arise and respond with urgency.
- Accountable for the technical quality of the software that the team produces.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3 – 5 years of experience successfully leading a team of developers and nearshore technical resources.
- Demonstrated ability to bring engaging and responsive designs to life using technologies like CSS3 and Sass.
- Senior level understanding of source control using software like Git with a model like GitFlow.
- Experience with: Cordova based mobile wrappers, Web Components, MapboxGL or other web mapping tools, D3 or other visualization libraries, web accessibility best practices.
- Able to debug and optimize cross-browser and platform web applications, for desktop and mobile.
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as SightPlan does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time.
Traits We Value
- Results - You're committed to our goals and strive to see things through to completion.
- Innovation - You approach things differently, challenge the status quo, and push us forward.
- Determination - You push tasks across the finish line regardless of problems that arise.
- Service - Customer, customer, customer. You solve their problems and make their lives easier.
- Precision - You value the importance of small details and focus on the little things.
- Teamwork - You're relied on by your peers and make sure sh*t gets done - even when it's not your sh*t!
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule (3 days in-office, 2 days remote)
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Sick time
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Additional benefits including home and auto insurance, pet insurance, legal plans, hospital
- indemnity insurance, consumer discounts, employee assistance program, and more!
The SightPlan team is open to new ideas with a focus on getting sh*t done; we’ve even got the t- shirt. Our inclusive culture focuses on engaging the full potential of our team members to accelerate innovation and our ability to drive business outcomes that fulfill our mission.
We pick our teams based on skill, not your ability to meet a list of unrelated requirements, and once you're here, we're committed to developing you and helping you succeed. We know that an investment in our team is one of the best investments we can make as a company.
To apply send resume or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.