SightPlan is revolutionizing multifamily resident and service management with its modern approach to managing work orders, resolving resident issues, and preserving assets. We are looking for a Server Engineer to join our team. We’re a growing company that is changing how multifamily properties interact with their residents. Our software is used by properties all over the United States for day-to-day maintenance and operations, improving both the quality of work done by maintenance staffs and the quality of life of their residents.
We need an experienced back-end engineer to help us build out our ambitious roadmap. We're a culture that is very much open to new ideas, and you will be a key part of the architecture and implementation of the applications and data pipelines that power our customer-facing systems.
We are seeking an independent, passionate, smart, driven engineer who appreciates the camaraderie and focus of a small team in a startup culture. You'll work directly with product planning, design, engineering, and quality assurance in a company that takes pride in quickly delivering groundbreaking solutions to its clients.
- Architect, implement, and maintain the web services and pipelines that power SightPlan's web and mobile offerings.
- Independently provide robust, secure, available, and scalable solutions.
- Document your code and assist in its build and deployment to production.
- Rapidly learn and become productive using multiple development stacks.
Qualifications & Skills
- Web Services – Deep experience designing and implementing secure, performant web services at scale is required (multiple protocol/stack experience a plus).
- Amazon Web Services – Hands-on experience with serverless patterns using AWS Lambda and API Gateway is highly desired; additional services are a plus (e.g., EC2, CloudFront, ALB/WAF, Route53, Kinesis, SQS, CloudFormation, Beanstalk, VPC, IAM, etc.).
- NoSQL – Real-world experience modeling and implementing solutions using document-based database patterns is highly desired.
- Data Engineering – Event-driven data pipeline and warehousing experience is a plus, especially if it is with AWS services like Kinesis and Redshift.
- Ruby and/or Java experience preferred. Go experience beneficial.
Traits We Value
- Detail Obsession – The code you deliver is deployment-ready and tested.
- Can-Do Attitude – You don't back down from a hard decision or a tricky problem.
- Impatience – You can't wait to get started once decisions are made.
- Positivity – You take pride in energizing the people around you.
- Flexibility – There isn't one way to get something done, as long as it gets done.
- Openness – You love to share your hard-won tricks of the trade.
Send Resume or LinkedIn Profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.