SightPlan is revolutionizing multifamily resident and service management with its modern approach to managing work orders, resolving resident issues, and preserving assets. We are looking for a Server Engineer to join our team. We’re a growing company that is changing how multifamily properties interact with their residents. Our software is used by properties all over the United States for day-to-day maintenance and operations, improving both the quality of work done by maintenance staffs and the quality of life of their residents.
We need an experienced back-end engineer to help us build out our ambitious roadmap. We're a culture that is very much open to new ideas, and you will be a key part of the architecture and implementation of the applications and data pipelines that power our customer-facing systems.
We are seeking an independent, passionate, smart, driven engineer who appreciates the camaraderie and focus of a small team in a startup culture. You'll work directly with product planning, design, engineering, and quality assurance in a company that takes pride in quickly delivering groundbreaking solutions to its clients.
- Architect, implement, and maintain the web services and pipelines that power SightPlan's web and mobile offerings.
- Independently provide robust, secure, available, and scalable solutions.
- Document your code and assist in its build and deployment to production.
- Rapidly learn and become productive using multiple development stacks.
Qualifications & Skills
- Web Services – Deep experience designing and implementing secure, performant web services at scale is required (multiple protocol/stack experience a plus).
- Amazon Web Services – Hands-on experience with serverless patterns using AWS Lambda and API Gateway is highly desired; additional services are a plus (e.g., EC2, CloudFront, ALB/WAF, Route53, Kinesis, SQS, CloudFormation, Beanstalk, VPC, IAM, etc.).
- NoSQL – Real-world experience modeling and implementing solutions using document-based database patterns is highly desired.
- Data Engineering – Event-driven data pipeline and warehousing experience is a plus, especially if it is with AWS services like Kinesis and Redshift.
- Ruby and/or Java experience preferred. Go experience beneficial.
Traits We Value
- Can-Do Attitude – You don't back down from a hard decision or a tricky problem.
- Impatience – You can't wait to get started once decisions are made.
- Positivity – You take pride in energizing the people around you.
- Flexibility – There isn't one way to get something done, as long as it gets done.
- Openness – You love to share your hard-won tricks of the trade.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule (3 days in-office, 2 days remote)
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Sick time
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
We’re a culture that is open to new ideas with a focus on getting sh*t done; we’ve even got the t-shirt. We pick our teams based on skill, not your ability to meet a list of unrelated requirements, and once you're here, we're committed to developing you and helping you succeed. We know that an investment in our team is one of the best investments we can make as a company.
Send Resume or LinkedIn Profile to email@example.com.