SightPlan is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a back-end focus to join our team. We're a growing company that is changing how multifamily properties interact with their residents. Our web applications are used by properties allover the United States for day-to-day maintenance and operations, improving both the quality of work done by maintenance staffs and the quality of life of their residents.
As part of the SRE team, you’ll be working on our back-end systems to design performant, low-cost solutions to complex problems in the multifamily industry. You’ll also work closely with our Customer Success team to create internal tools and conduct large-scale customer configuration changes. We're a culture that is very much open to new ideas, and you will be a key part of the back-end architecture of the applications and data pipelines that power our customer-facing systems.
We are seeking a passionate, smart, driven engineer who appreciates the camaraderie and focus of a small team in a startup culture. You'll work directly with engineering and quality assurance in a company that takes pride in quickly and safely delivering groundbreaking solutions to its clients while minimizing business risk.
- Take ownership over multiple components and act as SRE for architecture changes and service degradations of these components.
- Identify performance bottlenecks throughout our back-end systems and research/implement efficient improvements that scale
- Develop automation tools for our internal teams to accelerate everyday operations.
- Participate in architecture and security reviews of the services, models, and pipelines that power SightPlan's web and mobile offerings.
- Independently provide robust, secure, available, and scalable solutions.
- Work together with our Customer Success team to efficiently execute large-scale custom configuration deployments.
- Write documentation detailing different parts of our codebase and contribute to our runbook
Qualifications & Skills
- Web Services – Experience designing and implementing secure, performant webservices (multiple protocol/stack experience a plus)
- Ruby on Rails or Java experience
- Linux –Comfortable at the command line and working on remote servers
- Able to track and debug production issues across multiple components
- Experience implementing serverless functions (microservices even better)
- Amazon WebServices (AWS) – SightPlan heavily utilizes multiple AWS services in itssolutions, so the more services you’ve work with, the better
- NoSQL – Real-worldexperience modeling and implementing solutions using document-based designpatterns
- Data Pipelining– Event-driven data pipeline and warehousing experience is a plus, especiallyif it is with AWS services like Kinesis and Redshift.