Do you want to work for a growing software company in the heart of downtown Orlando? SightPlan is an award-winning technology company that is a gamechanger in the apartment and real estate industry. Our mobile-first suite of solutions is paving the way for how teams manage properties while delivering exception service to their residents.
SightPlan is looking for an Android Engineer to join our team!
We're a growing company that is changing how multifamily properties interact with their residents. Our Android application is used by properties all over the United States for day-to-day maintenance and operations, improving both the quality of work done by maintenance staffs and the quality of life of their residents. We're looking for you to help build out our ambitious roadmap. From Kotlin to RxJava to Dagger to Conductor, we're all about using the best tools to deliver quality applications.
We’re a culture that is open to new ideas with a focus on getting sh*t done; we’ve even got t-shirts. We are seeking passionate, smart, driven developers who appreciate the camaraderie and focus of a small but growing team in a startup culture. You'll work directly with product planning, design, engineering, and quality assurance in a company that takes pride in quickly delivering groundbreaking solutions to its clients.
- Work with our Product team and your fellow engineers to build solutions that meet business requirements with a strong focus on usability and customer satisfaction.
- Breakdown and estimate user stories, then develop those stories with quality and communication.
- Ensure that our Android application is performant and optimized for a variety of devices.
- Debug and resolve bugs reported by our internal QA team as well as our customers.
- Actively participate in story grooming, sprint planning, code reviews, and retrospectives.
- Work with your fellow team members to identify areas of improvement and contribute ideas on how to continually improve both our software and engineering organization.
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong knowledge of both Java and Kotlin.
- Current experience with the latest and greatest in Android development, best practices, and common architectures (MVP, Clean Architecture, etc.).
- Understanding and experience with libraries such as RxJava, Dagger2, Conductor and Epoxy.
- In depth understanding of Activities, Fragments and Views, as well as their lifecycles.
- Familiarity with common techniques to completely and safely handle Activity configuration changes.
- Ability to manage Gradle build configurations and library dependencies.
- Experience in developing applications with automated testing in mind (you’ll work closely with our Quality Engineering team to maintain our Appium test suite).
- Solid understanding of source control using software like Git with a model like GitFlow.
- Bonus points for experience with: Firebase release management & reporting, NoSQL data, Moshi, Mapbox, CI/CD/Automation (Jenkins automation makes our lives easier), or involvement in our local Android community
Send resume or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.